07 July 2009

Yee Freakin' Ha

I should have been quaffing Guinness at the Chieftain in San Francisco tonight.

I would have been meeting with a fellow blogger and his wife... would have been headed out tomorrow morn-- out of the city and into the redwoods, or along the sands, or kissing in a roadside rest area somewhere between Reno and Hawaii! ha!

But...

I'm not.

Irony of ironies-- the one I was to meet tonight... as gone as the one who was to carry me to said destination...

Both just as gone as "the morning found the [Winter] wind..."

I'll miss you most of all, woman...

Slainte.

Cygnus

5 comments:

Shadow said...

mmmm, maybe next time....

Unknown said...

Awww...that fickle Summer wind.I'm sad for ya, better days are sure to follow.

Sure as Spring follows the Winter.

Peace - Rene

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There'll be more of both coming down the highway of life. In the meantime, be well.

Kyddryn said...

Oh, Sir...I'm so sorry...

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Felinae said...

I'm sure you will have other chances to meet up at the Chieftan, there are always air shows, boat shows and what not going on around San Francisco.

Perhaps the wind will shift directions and will bless you with it's presence once again.

Love~n~Hugs
Felinae