27 January 2010

Where Are All The Real [Pagan] Men??

Pagan Or Not, My Question Stands...

Look folks, I've been in this neck of the woods for better than a solid month now. I visited way back 'round Samhain to boot. Consistently, Folk are meeting-- one night for this, another for that. All a social network of close fambly doing close fambly things-- some spiritual, but many more simple and personal/communal: eating, conversing, debating/teaching/learning. In short, sharing.

I notice two things in particular:
1) a bevy of next-generationers-- KIDS, to you dense ones.
2) the absense of you dense ones.

You dense ones. You males...

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU???

What the fuck??? I mean... I'm befuddled. I'm the only gods-damned male at these events!!! The majority of 'em have been evening gatherings. They haven't been 'spiritually demanding' events [Sabbats]-- assuming you're as Pagan as the Goddesses ye are connected to. They've been after your working hours. LONG after. They've been during hours when, if you're not @ home, WE, as Pagan [or otherwise] men, should be gathering of our own accord, trading weeks of responsibility with the Ladyfolk .

Part of what fucks me up about this is, if and when I ever show up @ your abode and you are there, you're gonna be unconsciously jealous that your sons (for the most part, the circle I'm of hath, as a majority, male progeny) like me. Immensely. Likely I'll draw more attention than you.

We played. We talked. We cried. We ate. At one point we were penned in and wrestling.

Oh, sure-- I heeded the children as well...

Men, minimally we should be away because it's our night out-- because it's break-time and we need to throw darts, have a draft drawn, toke a smoke...

At the same time, wanna know why I make so much effort to crawl in the kids' pen and accept being rode hard and put away wet? Do ya huh huh do ya really?!?

SO DO THEY.

The ladies need a break, dad. In fact, much more so than you and I ever will.

And I could use some male companionship in providing it.

Look, I'm hetero, sexual, and male.

You? Hmph!!

At this point, I'm not sure where all the babies came from.

In vitro?!?

I'm just asking. No; nope. Correction:

I'M SAYING.

I'm asking "where the fukkaya?" I'm saying...

WHAT???

Slainte, folks. Love ya, girls!

Cygnus

6 comments:

Momlady said...

Interesting observation.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Momlady, I'm just saying...

;D Thanks for ... well, just THANKS.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Hmmm..interesting hon...I agree with the "we need a break thing"...sadly I seldom get one.
As for the Pagan thing..most of the events I have gone to here anyway are well stocked with males..But for the most part they are either very young...or very, very strange. I would love to see some real Dads or Men for that matter just be part of the leadership. Nothing against women of course..but some of the catfights tend to turn me off. So although there are males...they don't seem to be part of the leadership and it feels off balance to me.
Just sayin'..my thoughts...
Blessings, Lady Sarah

laughingwolf said...

meh... nowhere near georgia, so to partake is impossible, other than in spirit

a father of three, i know how they got here, i was there for every birth, too....

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Lady Sarah--

The attendings here of late have all been very extended-family-group-oriented; hence my frustration.

I hear ya on the attendance of the males @ Gathering-type events... I'll be attending a few this season/cycle, and hope my wee form and presence can add a bit of just the elements you mention.
Thank you very much for the input-- high reason I began this blog, in all honesty-- for that kind of feedback.

Slainte, sincerely...

Cygnus

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

laughingwolf--

my son's mom had a c-section. I was allowed to stay in the room. I did.

Can't ever take that from me. There for conception, there for entry...

Nice comment, Brother. Nice to know.
I know there are others out there, and mayhap I was harsh. But...

Mayhap not...

Slainte, man.