06 December 2009

Turning 100

I Noticed...

The next post will be the triple-digit Premiere for Pagan Swan [yes, the title is, and has always been, a play on words].

So...

Well, maybe I should proffer the song that has been in my mind since the truckamping daze, and seems to pretty much sum up what I think about you caring how I roll, yo...



I'm not saying societal standing is not important... Well, okay-- I AM.

Why the hell we aren't all pursuing the soul-dream we are here to pursue is oft beyond me-- especially when I am guilty of not doing it myself, those hours I trade labor for green paper to do societal taxation things like insurance with... in other words when I'm working and wondering why the waste of life for existence.

I will be soon, folks-- pursuing Soul Dreams.

I'll be called silly. I'll be labeled irresponsible. A slacker; a DREAMER, even! [How DARE he!!]

But... I have learned to check that smarmy, oft-stupid logical-but-denying vocce of my own subconscious. That one that stops the majority of adulthood from achieving perfect bliss of dreampursuit.

Why did YOU let go? And, more importantly, why are you still clinging to the ground???

Slainte, folks.

Cygnus

6 comments:

Felinae said...

Well, Happy 100th Post.

Good luck with your endeavors, Cygnus.
May all your hopes/dreams flourish for you.

~Felinae~

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

I absolutely LOVE the profile photo, Kitten!

Thank you, my friend.

Ohana, and slainte!

c.

Kyddryn said...

I could say I cling because of fear...and it would be true. Or pragmatism. Equally true.

Or I could say I've spent much of this year letting go of certainty because it wasn't the life that I need to nourish my soul, my Self...and that would be true, too.

I'm looking forward and I see a new life approaching...one I may not be entirely ready for, but that I welcome with a smile, because it is the life I want, the life I need, to live.

Pursuing your dreams, Sir...I don't see that as a waste...I see it as a thing to be envied, admired...as I've admired everyone who dared to think, to do, to be outside the box, outside the definition of who society thinks it has a right to define them to be.

Happy 100, Sir...I look forward to the next century!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Kraxpelax said...

SONNET XXXIX FOR KATIE

I went downtown, saw Katie in the nude
on Common Avenue, detracted soltitude
as it were, like a dream-state rosely hued,
like no one else could see her; DAMN! I phewed;

was reciprokelly then, thank heaven, viewed,
bestowed unique hard-on! but NOT eschewed,
contrair-ee-lee, she took a somewhat rude
'n readidy attude of Sex Prelude; it BREWED!

And for a start, i hiccuped "Hi!", imbued
with Moooood! She toodledooed: "How queued
your awe-full specie-ally-tee, Sir Lewd,
to prove (alas!), to have me finely screwed,

and hopef'lly afterwards beloved, wooed,
alive, huh? Don't you even DO it, Duu-uuude!"

My English Poetry Blog

N'est-que pas que la solitude elle-mème eveille quelque attente fébrile? Voici l'entrée, vide, discrètetement illuminée comme une musée nocturne – la terasse, avec ses torchères ondoyantes par un soir d'Avent étrangement doux – laissant le vestibule et les murmures de voix – la chambre immaculée immaculée et la musique de danse derrière le mur – et le bar à cocktails mondains – le bassin où le nageur s'entrâine, longeur après longeur, il en n'a jamais assez, il doit y mettre de sien – enfin, tournant vers le haut au coin du sombre couloir vient la fille noire et pâle, altière, déterminée et de style épuré, ainsi qu'un moderne avion de chasse suédois.

Poétudes

More...

Exit time. Las chicas dejan el espejo de bar
dormindose en sus corazónes de alta traícion.
El Señor no levanta. Él pastorea a sus pies
los presuntos compradores. Y nos bendice.

My spanish poetry blog

More...

Consider Sex and time, procreation, reincarnation. Trigonometry! I envisage the time axis as the repetitive tangens function. Do you see what I mean? What can be tentatively derived from this notion? Clue: orgasm AND birth pangs at tan 0.

My Philosophy

My Music Blog

My Babe Wallpapers

You are very welcome to promote your blog on mine. They are well frequented, so there's mutual benefit.

- Peter Ingestad, Sweden

Shadow said...

damned if i know, but i haven't stopped dreaming...

Sadie said...

I say "Go For It" !!! I like you have been dealing with the feelings of letting go and with one thing at a time I am accomplishing just that.

Have a blessed Yule.

sadie